The Alphabet That Changed the World
by Stan Tenen edited by Charles Stein
A SCIENCE-BASED STUDY OF THE HEBREW LETTERS OF GENESIS THAT UNITES THE HIGHEST SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLES WITH A RATIONAL UNDERSTANDING OF CREATION
Rabbinic tradition asserts that every letter of every word of the Torah is a word in itself. Author Stan Tenen demonstrates that each letter is also a hand gesture, and it is at this level that Hebrew forms a natural universal language. All people, including children before they speak and people without sight, make natural use of these gestures.
In The Alphabet That Changed the World, Tenen examines the Hebrew text of Genesis and its relationship to the alphabet. He shows how each letter is both concept and gesture, with the form of the gesture matching the function of the concept. There is thus an implicit relationship between the physical world of function and the conscious world of concept. Using over 200 color illustrations, Tenen demonstrates geometric metaphor as the best framework for understanding the deepest meaning of the text.
Such geometry models embryonic growth and self-organization and the core of many healing and meditative practices. Many subjects in contemporary science were derived from the methods and means available to the ancients; The Alphabet That Changed the World makes this authoritative recovery of the "science of consciousness" in Genesis accessible for the first time to the contemporary reading public.
HERE TO LOOK INSIDE AND ORDER
THE ALPHABET THAT CHANGED THE WORLD:
How Genesis Preserves a Science of Consciousness in Geometry and Gesture
List price: $44. US / Click Here for Amazon Price
400 pp., 8x10 212 color illustrations
NOW IN STOCK
Use the links on this page to purchase The Alphabet That Changed The World
or any other item from Amazon.com
and Meru Foundation will receive a small percentage at no cost to you
The research presented in The Alphabet that Changed the World: How Genesis Preserves a Science of Consciousness in Geometry and Gesture was developed over 30 years under the auspices of Meru Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the United States. This website is owned and maintained by Meru Foundation.
The Table of Contents of the book is posted HERE.
We also plan to post additional professional and reader reviews, supplementary materials and references, errata, FAQ's, and discussions of The Alphabet that Changed the World and the ideas it presents.
More information on Meru Foundation's research is available on the Foundation's primary website: www.meru.org
Currently-available DVD lectures on this work can be ordered from the Foundation at www.meetingtent.com.
Please email questions about this book and Meru Foundation research to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade queries: Please contact the publisher, North Atlantic
Books, Berkeley, California, via information posted at
*Your order can support Meru Foundation's work.
When you use this portal to order our book, or purchase any other item at Amazon.com, Amazon will send a small percentage of the cost of your entire purchase to Meru Foundation.
*To make sure your purchase helps Meru Foundation:
When you enter amazon.com through Meru Foundation's link, amazon tags your clicks with a code linked to Meru Foundation's account. But some common ways to use amazon will remove this code.
The key to making sure your order is credited to Meru Foundation starts with entering amazon.com using the link on this page, navigating to the product you want, and ordering and completing your purchase, all on the same visit.
- Enter amazon.com through the link on this page, which takes you to amazon's listing for The Alphabet that Changed the World.
- Navigate to the product you want by using amazon's search box. Don't type or paste in the URL for your product: this will remove Meru's code. Always use the search box.
- Click on the "order now" button for your product to put it in your cart. Important: If you're ordering more than one of the same item, click the "order now" button again. (In other words, for 2 of the same item, click the button twice; for 3, click three times, etc.) If you wait until you get to your shopping cart and then change the quantity, only one item (the one you clicked the "order now" button for) will be credited to Meru's account.
- If you want to order a second product, again, navigate to it by using amazon's search box. You can navigate to and order as many products as you want.
- When you're done shopping, complete your order on this same visit to amazon.com. Don't "save for later"; this too is likely to lose Meru's code from your selection. (Truth in advertising: there are apparently some ways to "save for later" that don't lose the code, but it's complicated, and the most reliable action is simply to complete your purchase on a single visit.)